Facebook ads are paid messages/content from businesses that reach the people who matter most to them. Most people want to achieve specific results with their advertising, like getting more page likes, sending more people to their website or increasing visits to their local business. Facebook provides an easy way to create your ad, set your own budget and choose your own targeting, so your ad is seen by the right demographic for your business.
Why do I need it?
- Facebook has become one of the most powerful advertising platforms out there today. More than 1.8 million people use Facebook every day! Can you think of an easier way to get noticed by your customers then using a platform that they use every single day?
- Facebook organic reach is dead. Facebook’s new algorithm makes it harder for your fans to see your daily posts. By putting a small budget behind your post, your content will be seen by more people and will then gain more interactions on your Facebook page.
- Facebook targeting. Find people using these options: location, demographics, interests, behavior, and connections. Or create a custom audience with the data you already have on hand- including email lists and website visitors. You can also find people on Facebook who are likely to become customers by creating a Lookalike Audience. Lookalike Audiences find people similar to the ones you're already connected to, like your customers or people in a Custom Audience.
- It’s cost effective. You can control your own budget. You decide how much you want to spend on your ads by setting a budget for each campaign you create. For as little as $1.00 a day- you can create a Facebook ad.
- Advertise on multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, side bar and Instagram) Facebook’s placements enable you to reach more people and takes advantage of the opportunity to make your ad seen.
- Real Time analytics. Facebook ad reporting tools show you how your ads impacted your business in visual, easy-to-read reports. Check in on your ads as much as you want to see their results. Don’t like what you see? Make instant changes to your location, targeting and budget.
Top Myths about Facebook Advertising
- It’s too expensive: You can run an ad on Facebook for as little as $1.00 a day! If the ad set gets charged for impressions, its daily budget must be at least $1 a day. If the ad set gets charged for clicks, Likes, video views, or post engagement, its daily budget must be at least $5 a day.
- Likes don’t matter: Sure- conversions are usually the main objective for a Facebook ad. But what you might not realize is, likes on an ad do matter. Ads with a lot of visible engagement are more likely to get clicks—and conversions—from other users who see it.
- Instagram ads don’t matter: Instagram ads are included in Facebooks ad placements. Some people think that Instagram costs too much to advertise on, but the truth is; with around 600 million Instagrammers using the app each month, as of March 2017, it’s an easy opportunity to get in the face of your customer. Instagram ads also allow you to send people straight to your website with just a touch to the mobile screen which is a big opportunity for conversions and sales.
Stream’s Kick-Start Step:
Before you start advertising on Facebook, write out your business goals and what you what to achieve from Facebook. Think to yourself “What’s the most important outcome I want from this ad?" Once you know that answer, it will be easy to pick from the many objectives Facebook Ads have to offer.
Make sure to download our free Social Media Checklist to learn the 15 Steps to Social Success.