LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network, with over 120 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
In other words, LinkedIn is Facebook for business people.
Like its cool cousin Facebook, LinkedIn is growing at an astounding rate:
- LinkedIn counts executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 companies as members
- Its corporate hiring solutions are used by 75 of the Fortune 100 companies.
- More than 2 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate that is faster than two new members per second.
And here's what LinkedIn can do for you:
- You can use LinkedIn as a tool for recruiting quality and legitimate candidates.
- A LinkedIn profile increases web traffic to your various sites.
- Your LinkedIn profile will improve your SEO.
You’d think most marketing and advertising firms would be at the vanguard of adopting this exciting new platform, right? WRONG! We took a look at the biggest global advertising holding companies and their subsidiaries… and these agencies either had no extra services tabs at all or only had the Career tab with minimal information.
So, what makes a company's LinkedIn profile really stand out? Let’s use our own Stream Companies profile as an example of the steps you can take to maximize LinkedIn’s potential for your business:
- Go beyond the company bio!
- Create service tabs that fully demonstrate your products, services, and capabilities
- Add rich content like images, embedded video, and banner ads… use existing pieces or create content uniquely for LinkedIn
- Solicit recommendations from clients. Identify your best customers, partners, and people and ask them to share their positivity about your company
- Create a call to action. Turn followers into business by urging them to take the next step.
- Tell the world about your new page! Add your LinkedIn URL to your email signature, email potential followers, create a link on your website, and do whatever else it takes to get people to your great new profile.
So, see! LinkedIn is a little more than just a Facebook for business people – as long as you take it to the next level. It’s not just a bland profile; LinkedIn is a way of interacting with the public and a way to communicate what your brand is all about.