Posting your video content to the web has a number of benefits for your business or organization:
- Videos provide a dynamic, interactive experience for site visitors
- Videos can highlight promotions, provide tutorials, and show customers how products operate
- Video encourage users to spend more time on a page, thereby increasing stickiness
- Videos can convey more essential data in a shorter time
- Videos with clickable links direct users to appropriate pages in the website or to other video selections, providing additional opportunities for you to cross-sell and upsell
However there’s one oft over-looked benefit of video content that is more important now more than ever before… and perhaps more important than any of the above benefits:
The power of video content as an SEO tool.
When used properly, video content will improve your search engine optimization and help you engage with leads quicker and more frequently.
Here are just a few of the ways that video content will boost your SEO:
-Site “stickiness”. Videos typically last 2-3 minutes. That keeps people on your site for an extended amount of time.
- Extra search engines. Did you know that YouTube is the web’s 2nd largest search engine? Hosting your video content on YouTube and other video providers is like benefiting from multiple search engines at once.
- Links…the navigation tool of the web. Links are the navigation tool of the web, and that means that you can use your video content to direct traffic back to your website. For example, adding a link to your video’s description on a high authority site like YouTube is an effective way to get people to your site.
- Titling & tagging. Properly titling and tagging your video content with key words and phrases can play a big role in registering with a search query and, in turn, a search engine’s relevant indexed content. That translates to better search results for your video and ultimately your site.
- Transcription. Most video providers will let you transcribe your video content. This is a great way to add those valuable key words and phrases that search engines will index to help your rank. Another benefit of transcription is that it targets different learners. Some people would rather skim content that watch video.